Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Saturday & Sunday, October 5 & 6: Weekend Fun!

After such a nice night, and to make up for all the lack of sleep, Cayla and I (embarrassingly enough) stayed in bed until 3:30 pm and woke up to this gorgeous weather!!  I felt sad to be missing out on this beautiful day since apparently Dublin does not see much nice weather, so I decided to go for a walk - after my enormous lunch, of course!



I made it to the City Centre where it is the largest shopping centre in Ireland!¬  So cool!!  I called up Cayla and asked her to join me for this lovely view and weather:)  I sent her a picture trail to help her get to where I was - haha it was funny, every landmark and turn I took a picture and told her to follow the pictures to find me:)  Then, right before Cayla found me, there was a cute water show!  It was a smaller version of the Bellagio water show in Las Vegas:)



We went into the shopping centre because I was craving a M&S cookie, every one claims these cookies are absolutely amazing!  They were!  It was a crazy place, it was a department store with a grocery store beneath it...very unique but quite delicious!


Cayla did manage to find herself this sweater - very appropriate given her new found love of sheep! 

We decided to stay out instead of coming home for dinner and ate at a place called Eddie Rockets.  Absolutely the best fries, burgers, and milk shakes I've had in a long while.  



We considered going to the movies, but decided to lay low for the rest of the night given our adventures the day before.  We opted for a lame Saturday night and stayed in for an early bedtime!!  


Sunday morning, we woke up around 10 am and went over to the Dublin city to see a movie and do some shopping because once again - it was a beautiful day!  Before leaving, I made some hot dogs with garlic bread!  It was funny though because the garlic bread burnt in a matter of minutes when we quickly ran outside to learn the laundry machines!  I have wanted to do laundry since I came here on Wednesday so learning the machines was a must for me!  This time, I made Octopus and circle hot dogs - I use this tactic when convincing kids I babysit to eat - though Cayla and I do not need much convincing to eat - it was still fun:)


We were slightly delayed in leaving due to a delightful conversation we started with Elaine.  She was telling us about the European 'holiday' time they have.  The minimum time is 20 days to start!  INCREDIBLE!!  It is so they have adequate time to get away and explore other areas.  The conversation was rather inspiring.  She talked about how people just are so free-spirited in Australia...if someone is a doctor one day then changes jobs to be a bus driver - the people look at it as though he is experiencing life to the fullest extent.  It is not about what type of job you hold - it is the experiences that you have that can really make you a better person.  There is nothing wrong with being a bus driver if you truly love your job.  It is soo important to not work your life away because life is about doing what makes you happy and the experiences you have along the way.  We get so caught up in society's opinions and expectations that we forget to do what makes you truly happy.  

After this conversation, we left for Dublin inspired:)  

We took the tram into Dublin city to watch the movie Prisoners at Cineworld movie theater.  The weather today was fantastic again - and their were street performers with tons and tons of people all over the streets - so much fun!!!!








We got to the theater slightly early so we went to check out Penny's.  LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! Of course I had to buy it due to my insane obsessed with Penguins!!   I also purchased Jeremy one too so we could match on Christmas morning!  Cayla bought a sheep one - also appropriate for her new found obsession with sheep!! 







When we got home, Elaine cooked us a traditional Irish Sunday meal - Roasted Lamb, Stuffing, Potatoes, and Vegetables!  It was so lovely.  The dessert was some heavenly cup full of deliciousness - I have no idea what it actually was - all I know is that it tasted amazing!!!  It was kind of funny because Cayla and I already had dinner but this food was so good- we had a second dinner!!  So much for not gaining weight on this trip ;)


Elaine had a rough last week at work so Cayla and I decided to model our new outfits for her.  She was dying laughing at our onsies:)  We had a little modeling session before getting ready for bed:)  



It was quite a lovely day:)  Ireland is definitely one of my favorite places thus far!  We have been sooo lucky with the weather and the people!  Now I am excited for Jeremy to try on his Penguin onsie! HAHA!

Irish Word of the Day:  'Make a meal of it' - making something difficult








No comments:

Post a Comment