Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 14: Monday, October 21 - Just another Monday

It was a rough morning that deserved a latte from all the adventure from the weekend.  Good thing it was quite a gorgeous morning:) 


Nothing too new with this Monday morning... Did the orders and verifying prescriptions.  Sold a patient this OTC medication: 


Dispensed a handful of this antibiotic... Interesting- I've never heard of it!!!
Calvepen tablets contain penicillin v antibiotic which is a narrow spectrum antibiotic that is usually used for a sore throat or an upper respiratory tract infection caused by streptococcus bacteria. It is usually not used for more severe chest infections such as pneumonias.

Being what they call, the eager American I am, I offered to make up their blister packs.  A patient called at 10 am demanding she needed them right away.  The pharmacist asked if it could be later but of course she needed them that moment.  The pills are supposed to magically appear in the blister pack correctly I guess in Ireland too... It's funny because we get these same requests home too.  I decided I'd help Tony, the pharmacist who was on a 3 week holiday, make this blister for her and her husband.  Tony is a hilarious man... I just met him today and the patients absolutely love him and Ailbhe and I couldn't stop laughing all day.  He definitely appreciated my eagerness in this situation:)

As I was getting ready to head out, Cayla was once again craving Nandos.  We are their best customers at this point!!!  We went to have our usual meal before walking home in equally amazing weather as this morning:)

We lovvveeee Ireland a lot and are growing quite fond of it:). It's hard to believe in less then 2 weeks well be back in the US after 2 months in Europe!!!

Irish word of the day:  an ball - the love mark (a magical symbol that makes those who see it fall in love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment